Sunday, April 5, 2009

Things I've Learned Lately

I slowly lost my passion in design. When I look back at my old sketch book and my new one, I can feel how I slowly lost it. Design is not something I really enjoy anymore. Design is something that I must do, just to finish and done with it. It's just like a routine. I feel so sad when I realized it, because designing used to be my dream job, it used to be something that I really enjoy and love. Now, I can't even have any confidence in it. I started asking myself if it's really what I want. I'm so jealous of my friends who really know what they want to do. I don't know. I really don't know which direction I'm going. I just feel that I don't mind doing the work, but that's not my passion. Not something that I really really love.

After I attend KL Design Week, it feels even more clearer. I feel quite inspired, but I also feel extremely jealous with the designers that really in love with what they do. I want to get back my passion. That's the reason why I decided to continue my study. I think if I directly work after I graduated, I'll just ended up as a machine without any interest in my work. I think I need more time to learn and gain back my passion. Pray for me~!

1 comments:

ahbonk said...

What a waste, coz u're so good in it PLUS u're good in conceptualizing as well. Don't compare yourself with those ppl at KL design week coz they took many years and worked in many companies b4 they can come up with shit like dat.

Take it sloo~oow. You're in no hurry to find your passion, passion finds you if u open more paths. So do a variety of stuff and hopefully u'll know at the end of the day.

Or we can just throw wise-ass comments to each other in Facebook all daaaa~y loooonnngggg :) Yea, let's do that!