Thursday, January 8, 2009

Best and Worst Movie of 2008

Since it's already 2009, now I think it's time to recall back what best and worst movie that I watched in 2008. I'm not a professional critics, I'm also not a film expert, all movies listed here are just from my personal taste. So it's ok if you're not agree, we just got different taste ;) I rate those movies base on how much I enjoy it, because to me I watch movie to entertain myself, not scared myself to death or annoy me endlessly.

Top 5 Best Movie
1. Wall-E
Cute, funny and simple story of an innocent robot. With beautiful pictures, adorable characters, nice story, it's the best movie I've watch last year.
2. The Dark Knight
It's one of the movie that meets my expectation. Heath Ledger is a perfect joker, I swear I shiver few times in cinema when he started to talk. I also really really love the ending. I think it's one of the best ending I've ever watch. I think I just love unusual ending :P
3. Iron Man
Honestly when I watch this movie, I have no expectation at all. I always assume superhero movie as boring movie with the same "super hero saves the day, bye-bye" kind of stuff. After I watch this movie, I totally change my they way I think about superhero franchise. I remember it's the first movie of 2008 that makes me feel satisfied after I finished watching. Robert Downey Jr played a very realistic Tony Stark. If you read the comic, you'll realize how good the play the role.
4. Red Cliff
Usually I never really fond of Hong Kong movie/drama, because mostly I just don't really "click" with it. But for Red Cliff, I can say it's simple the best Chinese movie I've ever watch. I love the battle scenes, fascinated on how amazing the tactics is. Amazing epic story with Takeshi Kaneshiro in the Movie, what not to love? LOL.
5. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Guillermo del Toro did his magic again with the movie. Apart from the flat characterization, this movie have lots of stuff that I love. Amazing creatures, the troll market and the the Angel of Death are some of them. Some more I have soft spot for elves, and del Toro create unusual elf that I really love. Overall this movie is very pleasing to eyes and I love how the story goes in the end. Makes me want to wait for the next movie.

Other movies I've yet to watch but I think it'll be great: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, Laskar Pelangi
Other good movies: Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day, Eastern Promises,

Top 5 Worst Movie of 2008
1. You Don't Mess With The Zohan
Simply the worst movie I've ever watch! It's the movie that makes me want to leave theater as soon as possible, not to mention theres 3 bimbos near my seat that keep giggling and commenting loudly there.
2. Love Guru
Thank God I don't watch this movie in theater and wasted RM10 to watch this stupid movie. Instead I watch it in sel's computer with my housemates and three of us really just can't find anything funny from that movie. Somehow this movie makes me dislikes Jessica Alba.
3. Igor
Not funny, bad characterization, unclear target audience, bad story, etc etc etc. One word: Bad.
4. 21
This movie have great base storyline, but very bad execution. Sel fall asleep when we watch this movie together. Me and Nesia just keep skipping many unimportant and boring parts until the end.
5. Mamma Mia!
Great songs, but I hate the movie. The girls act too annoying and overly dramatic. Not my cup of tea.

Other movies I've yet to watch but I think it'll be awful: Twilight, Max Payne, Punisher, The House Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u forget about Ip Man, is sure a good movie to watch!

ChongYee said...

I would suggest The Mummy III as the worst movie 2008! Really out of expectation.. ;P