Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Ugly Duckling

Since I was so young, many people asked me the same question "why you do not look like your mom/sis/dad?". Yea, my mom is very beautiful, my dad is handsome, and my sis are very pretty. I got the point.

I used to be so upset every time anybody asked me that question. I was very insecure and self conscious on how I look like. Usually I just keep quiet every time that question being asked, just run and cry in my room. A guy even said to me "you ignoring me now, but you know that's true!". My secondary teachers also never believe when they know that I'm my sister's sis. They thought it's just a coincidence that we share the same name (well, how many people in the world got the name Tanyus???). So now, I guess you get the point on how not alike we are.

Tired of being compared to my sis, I try my best to even become not alike to them. Just to make people happy that there's someone so not alike in family. Dunno why they're so fascinated and happily comparing us. On how ugly I am, how dark my skin is (compared to my sis!), how tomboy I was, and the list goes on.

I guess studying here giving me good antidote. With nobody that can compare us, I feel free to be myself. I think a lot, feel the difference, and just enjoy it. Now I could just smile and say whatever to anybody who ask that question. Not that I care. Now I realize that I should not feed the troll. I make fool of myself by reacting to those trolls. Why should I care anyway? People who asked that kind of question usually not important for me. They're not my sisters, not my father, not my mother. The most important thing is people who I love do not care on how I look like. They'll still love me anyway. So trolls, feed yourself, cause I won't feed you anymore.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

wowww... i'm so damn curious to see those "perfect" human beings passing judgment on a lovely looking girl like you!

i know how you feel cos i went through the exact same thing when i was growing up, except that they (relatives and adults) refer me to "Jackie Chan" due to my massive nose! muahahahaha...

tanyus said...

thanks =) yeah, people should stop bully/making fun of other people because of their look. It's just not funny anymore when other people got it from time to time =(