Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's in a name?

Well, quoting from William Shakespeare

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
Having unusual name as Tanyus Indrayani giving me quite a... well not exactly trouble, but more to a misunderstanding and such. Dunno why many Indonesians can't pronounce my name normally. There's so many 'variations' in my name, such as "tanjus"', "tenyus", "tangus", "tenjuus", and many more. My name also always mistaken as a boy's name since kinder garden until high school! So every time I see my name like this:
Tanyus Indrayani (L) <--- laki-laki/male
And the name "Indrayani" is not helping too. Indra usually use for boy's name, and Yani also not exactly girl's name. While my sister still got "Sumyati" which obviously a girls name. Oh yea, when I want to apply to bank in Malaysia, the CS ask me if I have any Indian blood because I got "Indra" in my name LOL. I really don't know from where my parents got the creative name, but I suspect it comes from my errrr surname "Tan" and my father's name, Yus Suryamin. For the Indrayani I think at that time my parents really want boy la hahaha. Other than that, I really don't know any reason behind my weird name.

But I'm proud of my name anyway. How many people in the world got the name Tanyus? :P

0 comments: