Tuesday, November 18, 2008

5 Scenes in Comics That I Love

Since last term I've been reading some American comics by my friend's recommendation. Honestly at first I didn't expect much, because to me American comics are all just about superheroes fighting. Turns out it's not all about superheroes that save the day. Some comic with very interesting storylines like Fables (a MUST read!), clash between resposibility, belief and rights in Marvel's Civil War (Capt America died nooooooooo T_T), and many more interesting elements. So here I share some of my favorite scenes in some comics that I've read :D

1. Tony Stark's (Iron Man's) confession in Civil War - The Confession
This is the scenes that makes me forgive Iron Man. I think if they didn't include the scenes, I'll ended up hating Iron Man forever =.= Honestly, even though Iron Man in Movie version can melt my heart to cheese but Iron Man in comics makes me want to throw my high heels to his head. He's such a manipulative and stubborn jerk, but by reading the confessions I think it makes me understand him more. He got his reasons, and his reasons maybe will comes true one day so that he try to prevent it. But still, in the end he confessed that all that he did the whole time in civil war wasn't worth it with the death of Capt.

2. Bigby and Snow White's wedding in Fables #50
Actually not just the wedding scenes, but most of the scenes in this chapter but I think this scenes really seal this story. Finally happiness for Snow and Bigby (the wolf from Red Riding Hood!). Snow white who still believe that happiness can only be found in prince charming with his castles and ritches finally understand that that's not all :) Bigby finally come back to her and they marry and live happily in a land between the farm and city so they can keep their child.

3. Ambrose leading the dead to Hoemland in Fables #67
Finally Ambrose lead all those dead fables back to Homeland and establish his own kingdom with those 'ghost' fables. He also teach The Adversary some lessons about not to disturb his kingdom XD Who knows that Ambrose, former frog prince who become a mop guy in Fabletown, finally arise, lead the dead and create a kingdom? :)

4. Cable and Deadpool - Duct Tape
The funniest superhero comic I've ever read! LOLOLOLOL <--- this is how funny it is. A half insane Deadpool with mouth that can't stop talking with Cable who is more serious but still funny when it comes to replying what Deadpool said. This pair also has the best relationship (when they have different opinion about Civil War, they said they 'divorced') and partnership. Actually there's too many scenes that I love in Cable and Deadpool because of the funniness, but this scenes is the one I remember most, when Cable duct taped him(Cable: "at least 1 roll for his mouth alone") and toilet jokes that Deadpool try to use few times before.

5. Abe meet his ghost wife as Caul in B.P.R.D Yes, B.P.R.D is a spin-off from Hellboy. After Hellboy leaving B.P.R.D to know more about himself, Liz leave also to find peace and controlling her power. Abe and Roger been left alone with Abe plan to follow his friends step, leaving B.P.R.D until one day Johann Krauss joined B.P.R.D and Liz calling Abe for help. The scene that I love is when Abe finally meet his wife, but in a form of ghost who tried to keep Abe(Caul) with her forever. Abe, knowing he can't just keep living in this fake reality, force Edith to see the mirror, the reflection of what the reality is. Making Edith realize thet her place is not in living human world anymore, because she's dead. Leaving Abe with a wife he never know. Seriously, B.P.R.D and Hellboy are very good comics, not matter if you hate or love the movie, read the comic. It's amazing with many stories behind all the members. I really really fall in love with this series. Actually again, like other comics I meantion above, there's lots and lots of scenes that I love in this comics. Like Johann Krauss past, his experience on how he fall in love with a ghost that he supposed to help; Liz with his awakening of power; Abe on how he turn out to be him now; Hellboy's history, etc etc. Give it a try!

Yeah, I only put 5 here, even though there's more that I love. Honestly writing this post is harder that I thought since I'm still new in reading American comics. Those comics are awesome and I wish I can spread the awesomeness here XD Quick! Read the comics I recommend now!

0 comments: