Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kafka On The Shore

It's 6AM now, and I've just finished reading the book I borrowed from Chris, Kafka On The Shore by Haruki Murakami. After kinda finishing FPS, I feel that I have more time in my hands and the desire to read books come. This book is the second book by Haruki Murakami that I've read. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why I actually love to read his book. Maybe it's the style of his writing, maybe it's the way he wove the story. I'm not sure, but everytime I read his book, I always feel that I need a quiet time by myself just to think. Sometimes the thing that come out from my quiet time is something that I actually thought before, but I never really paid attention about it. Something that I think I've known about it before, but not entirely understand what's the concept and meaning behind it. Weird, I know.

Kafka On The Shore makes me feel like that again, and I think I like this book better than Norwegian Wood. This book is really addictive, once I turn the page I just can't stop. I love the way Murakami wove the story, and the end is totally unexpected. It's still left me with some questions and some thoughts, and I'm afraid that I'm not ready to sleep yet. Not before I try to find out what's the answer.

0 comments: