Friday, July 25, 2008

Movie Recap

Song of the day, the week, and possibly the month:

Cant smile without you - Barry Manilow

I blame Hellboy and Abe for this D:
And I really can't help but to smile everytime I hear this song :)

Btw, lately I watch lots of movies, and all are satisfying for me :)
1. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Even though the storyline is quite weak, I still really love this movie. Why? I always love fantasy movie, and I think Guillermo Del Toro really win my love when he create such a beautiful fairytale-like world.

I really really love the scene where Prince Nuada come to elven kingdom. Love the setting, love the costume, love the colors, love the creatures, love the fighting scene, and also really love the prince LOL. Somehow long silver-haired man always pwn me. Oh yea, somehow I also really like the princess :)

Another thing that really win my love is the creatures. Visit the official website, there you can see some design and description of the fantasy creatures. Very interesting design and description of the creature :)

So the conclusion is, if the thing that you want to see in a movie is a beautiful visual, watch Hellboy II, but if you want to find strong story, maybe this movie will not so suitable for you :)

Now the problem is, I can't wait for Guillermo to finish directing movie The Hobbit, prequel of The Lord of The Rings! :)

2. The Dark Knight
The long awaited movie! Since the first time I see the trailer, I really can't wait to watch this movie. Great movie, but I think the one that steal the show is not Batman, but Joker.

Agree with what Chen said in her blog, Heath Ledger is the perfect Joker. Psychotic, fearless and frightening, The Dark Knight really become his show. Really love the way he talk, the crazy tone tone that he use really the win.

Too bad that Batman himself do not really give me many impact, the only scene where I like about him is only at the end, where he sacrifice himself so Gotham will not lose their hero.

Also really hate when Harvey Dent become Two Face :( I really like him since the beginning, so this changes really disappoint me. Actually it won't be so disappointing if only he didn't die that soon. If only his changes will saved until the next movie where he'll become the next super villain, I don't think I'll be as disappoint as this though.

But overall, nice movie, Heath Ledger really won't disappoint you :)

3. Red Cliff
An unexpectedly great movie for me. At first I'm not so excited about this movie, but since they got lots of good review, I think I'll just give it a go. And what? I watch this movie 2 times already :P

A very nice movie, I think it possibly the best Asian movie I watch so far.

Very interesting story, afterall it based in The Romance of Three Kingdom :)
I really love the story, and the visual also pleasing to eyes.
Somehow I just don't know what to say about this movie, all I can say is: WATCH IT!
You won't be disappointed :)

Now I gonna continue play games :) Got a very interesting game, will review it later I think :)

0 comments: